•  
  •  

e-Vision Journal of Undergraduate Writing

Year enrolled

2002

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.

Abstract

It was suggested to me that we “kill all [the] dumbasses [who choose to drink and drive],” but I felt this too harsh (Holzbach). Why not let them kill themselves? The nation, as a whole, would be more pleasant, happier and more carefree.

Elizabeth Farley writes that her professor, Rob Sherwood, ""constantly encouraged my class to write about topics that we were passionate about. When he assigned this topic, to write a satirical piece on one of society’s biggest problems, my mind naturally went to drinking and driving. With my friends, I tend to be very sarcastic so this paper was not a hard one for me to write once I got into the right mindset. As ridiculous as my 'suggestion' to remedy the problem of drinking and driving is, I believe it puts drinking and driving at the same ridiculous level.

This piece was written in my GWRIT102E class during the first semester of my freshman year. I really enjoy writing but because of my current Health Science major, I don’t get to sit down and write often."

Share

COinS

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.