Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Conventional Weapons Stockpile Destruction, ERW Clearance, mine awareness, exploitation, Falkland Islands
A series of three reports were published by the Demining Programme Office in the Falkland Islands (Malvinas).
This publication reports on exploitation work that was carried out on SB-33, SB-81 and P4B mines during Phase 1 of clearance operations. This work was conducted on the following items:
- C3B anti-tank mines recovered from SA064
- An SB-33 anti-personnel mine discovered outside the mine rows of SA064
- Components of booby traps recovered from SA064
The findings from this work were intended to assess the condition of the ordnance in order to:
- Establish the general condition of the mines
- Indicate their ability to function, either as designed, or by other mechanisms
- Highlight significant changes in their characteristics that might effect detectability or sensitivity
The aim of this report is to outline the findings from exploitation work provided within the Falkland Islands (Malvinas) demining programme during the third phase of clearance.