Author(s)

Laura LeducFollow

Document Type

Paper

Abstract

I this paper I propose that we should think about traits as resources that we have available to use - resources that can be leveraged to accomplish goals. This way of thinking about traits can be useful in understand how followers will behave in organizations in a variety of situations, including how they will react to change initiatives. This proposal is grounded in the Big Five Theory of personality, as well as Conservation of Resources (COR) Theory.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.

Permission

no

Share

COinS

Traits as (Social) Resources

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.