2018 SCOM Undergraduate Research Conference

Project Type

Research Panel

Start Date

10-4-2018 11:00 AM

End Date

10-4-2018 12:15 PM

Description

At the 40th JMU Research Conference, an event that only top-rated student projects are invited to participate in the conference, I will be presenting my ongoing project titled: "Who Am I?: Poetic Inquiry and Intersectional Identity."

The project itself stemmed from my experiences when being asked the question of "Where are you from?" Which for most is an easy question as they think to where they have lived most of their lives or where they were raised, but for me, it is one that continues to be challenging as I am a third culture individual. For over a year now, I have been trying to answer these questions through writing poems in my cultural communication classes. With these poems, I decided to delve deeper to figure out my answer using poetic inquiry in conjunction with intersectional theory and borderland identity.

Share

COinS

Apr 10th, 11:00 AM Apr 10th, 12:15 PM

Who Am I?: Poetic Inquiry and Intersectional Identity

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.