Name of Engagement
JMU Engagement Fellowship Program Welcomes 4th Cohort
2019-2020 Engagement Fellows Program
In keeping with its mission to produce educated and enlightened citizens, JMU is proud to support the Engagement Fellows Program. Fellows choose one of ten service year opportunities to explore engagement while serving James Madison University and the community. Each position lasts for 9 months, beginning August 2019.
JMU Engagement Fellows:
- Demonstrate a sense of responsibility and obligation within the community and organization they serve.
- Cultivate continued interest in public policies that promote community investments, connections, and improvements.
- Uphold meaningful and productive connections between the university and community, and be alert to possibilities for expansion.
- Explore personal strengths and improve upon weaknesses, with particular emphasis on developing career options and exploring life plan goals through experiential learning.
Current Positions Include
- The James Madison Center for Civic Engagement
- Ethical Reasoning in Action
- The Institute for Innovation in Health and Human Services
- Food Access and Security
- James Madison's Montpelier
- The Office of the President
- Center for Inclusive Music Education
- Student Connection with Engagement
- Campus Compact
- Valley Scholars
Recurring Event (Occurs on a regular basis but not continual)
Areas of Engagement
Civic Engagement, Community Engagement, Engaged Learning