•  
  •  

e-Vision Journal of Undergraduate Writing

Year enrolled

2010

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.

Abstract

Books can provide an escape, a place in which nothing matters but you and the story. You are free to forget all your worries and simply be. I've attended the legendary parties at the Gatsby mansion on the arm of Nick Carraway. I've joined forces with Winston Smith in the opposition against Big Brother. I've been stranded on a tropical island during a raging war and watched alongside Ralph as my comrades resorted to savagery. I am a child of the novel.

Jordan Vinson is an Interdisciplinary liberal studies major at James Madison University, hoping to pursue a minor in elementary education.

She continues to immerse herself in the world of books and hopes to one day share her passion with her future students.

Jordan is most thankful for her mom and dad, who still nurture her love of reading.

Share

COinS

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.