•  
  •  

e-Vision Journal of Undergraduate Writing

Year enrolled

2001

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.

Abstract

The arrogance of mankind has dampened the hope that individuals can achieve a dignified death.

Margaret Alford: "My name is Maggie Alford and I am a junior at Millersville University. I spent my freshmen year of college at James Madison University and because of financial reasons, had to transfer. I am a history major and a business minor, and like most students, I have no idea what I want to do after I graduate. One of the many occupations that I have often thought of pursuing is a career in writing. I have major interests in history and romance, so my dream is to write a historical romance novel.

I am very flattered that my essay was chosen by the student staff of e-Vision. I never expected "Euthanasia: A Compassionate Crime," to be honored in this way. Having very strong feelings about the legalization of certain forms of euthanasia, I was actually excited to be able to write a paper on the subject. When my teacher, Mr. Sherman, told the class that he wanted us to explore different approaches to page layout, I was even more excited. Fortunately, I had the availability of a computer with amazing graphics. The pictures that I chose for my paper were extremely heart wrenching, but they added sentiment to the paper. The quotes that I found about euthanasia, from some of the most famous scholars, helped my arguments as well. I have to be honest and say that the paper was time-consuming, but it helps that the subject was something that I cared about. I hope that my paper will be a help to anyone that reads it!"

Share

COinS

To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.

NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.