Submission Guidelines for Senior Honors Projects, 2010-current
Honors Capstone Project Submission Guidelines
The Honors College requires the submissions of capstone projects electronically. Here is what to expect in the submission process. The more you have prepared properly before entering the submission site, the easier your submission will be.
- You will be asked to create a login using your full JMU email address, not eID
- Authors are encouraged to submit their primary document as a PDF document whenever possible. If you do not intend to publish your project on JMU Scholarly Commons, your primary document should consist of only your title/signature page.
- You will be asked to accept the licensing agreement related to electronic publishing and archiving of your document(s). This is a non-exclusive distribution license that allows authors to retain full copyright over their work.
- You will be asked to select from the following document availability options: no restriction, available after one year, or available after two years. You must be granted permission in advance from your Senior Project Advisor AND the Honors College with a compelling reason for an embargo. Do not select this option without advance permission. If you are submitting a title/signature page only, select "no restriction." Contact the repository administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for individualized assistance.
- You will be asked to list the title of your document(s) as it appears on the title page of your document(s).
- You will need to select your academic department or school.
- You will be asked to provide keywords for your work.
- You will be asked to insert your abstract.
- You may insert any additional information that you think may be necessary.
For questions regarding the electronic submission of Honors capstone projects, please contact the JMU Honors College